Monday 30 January 2012

Mobile game UI layout

This mobile project has changed completely from when I started and I have to say that I am very glad that I did make all of those design changes.  Hopefully this new version will show that I have produced something good that can evolve into something great.

So thus far I am tinkering with Unity to create a PC demo version of the game for a few reasons:

  1. To gain feedback on the design and gameplay so far so that I can tweak things.
  2. To see how well the game will be received by those tantalised by puzzles, word games and even puzzling word games.  I hope this will also give me enough data to judge whether it is worth developing the full mobile version or whether to just complete the PC version.
  3. To gain some support and players who will look forward to the release.
  4. Once I have created this within Unity I should have sufficient knowledge of how to implement the full version and should be able to modify the game for a mobile platform...at least this is the plan anyway.
This is the intended layout so far for the PC demo. 

I have tried to keep the layout simple and adaptable for the mobile game.  Since the mobile game will be played horizontally and vertically both layouts have been considered. 

The button positions across horizontal and vertical fairly similar, so hopefully the differences in layouts will not confuse players too much.

The PC demo version will probably use the horizontal layout. Hopefully I'll have something blocked in and ready for people to play with soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment