- Added a menu
- Added a save a load function (but on after contemplation I think I'll remove this as it's not needed)
- Add points to the player's score when they correctly spell a word
- Add 5 seconds to the timer when the player correctly spells a word
- Restart the level when the time runs out
- Check off words that have already been found
- Output a green, red or orange square next to previously entered word to indicate a correct, incorrect or already found answer (respectively)
I also changed the layout of the components like so...
I also tried the demo on 3 of my work colleagues which gave me some useful feedback and even pointed me to some similar games to study.
From the feedback I came up with the following that needs to be added:
- Implement 'casual' mode - linear progression through new levels where more letters are unlocked every level.
- Add High score board
- When all words in the level are found/session ends/time runs out, save score in High score board
- Implement in-game menu
- Move the delete button to underneath the main board
- Remove save button
- Warn player about the letters randomly changing
So I still have a lot of work to do unfortunately, but overall I think that this project is moving in a good direction.
If you'd like to play the latest build of my project so far, you can download it here.
Send me all your feedback too. Anything will be useful :)