Tuesday 11 January 2011

Gears of War 1 completed!

I completed Gears 1 over the weekend and I have to say that I am now more informed about how to layout my buildings and flow through an environment and I know first hand how difficult each enemy type will be.
So before I complete blocking out my level in the editor I think it's sensible that I review my initial layout and see if it will still fit in well with the game now that I have a better idea of the flow through levels.


Also, because of the time limit (and the fact that the image I wanted to use in the WoLD contest was more suited to a Source map) I decided not to enter.  Instead I would like to try and get this Gears level fully blocked out with the main gameplay features by the end of the month.  If I can do this then it will keep me well on track to my 6 games in a year target.

No comments:

Post a Comment