So last week, I worked to consolidate my menus into one script file. So when I want to display any menu it calls the one file and from there the correct scene. Later, I hope to change this to use only one scene to display the menus. This shouldn't be such a big job so I'm happy to leave it until the project is functional when I'm optimising the entire game. I was also working to resolve this one particular issue last week for ages, but now that I'm over that I can press on :)
I have to say my break down development plan has really helped me focus on what tasks I need to achieve and I'll definitely be doing this more in the future. The times I spend on it each day do vary i.e. with this one issue I spent a lot more time than my estimated length to sort it so it has obviously had an impact on the remainder of my workload.
Out of 20 tasks I have 15 left to do. Ok, so not massive progression, but I'm getting there slowly and I can track exactly how much work I have left.
I'm getting through Mass Effect 3. I haven't sunk a vast amount of time into it, but I am prioritising my Unity work over it. At the mmoment I think this is alright. I think I'm 16 hours in so that's not too bad, it is quite hard to avoid the constant discussions about the ending though. I find I have to run away from people "lalala-ing" with my hands over my ears to keep myself from being prematurely exposed. Soon I'll be safe to listen again in public.
I've also written short extension to my bounty idea which I'll be posting probably next week. I'm not sure whether to keep writing in a linear fashion for this idea or move on to something else. Time will tell.
So, April's going well so far.