So December, as most of the months this year, has not gone to plan. In November I did manage to block out most of the level I wanted to create. I expanded on my previous idea to make progression through the level a lot more interesting. As it stands, the first area for the puzzle has been blocked in so once the kismet has been written this should be good to test. The second puzzle I think will need to be more of a challenge via an interface. I have no idea how to implement this so I have three choices: 1. Learn how to do this, 2. Change the puzzle so it can be implemented within the environment (this may involve a change in the layout) or 3. Skip this puzzle and just have the two puzzle rooms and various enemy encounters. Hmmm...I'll have to have a think about it.
So back to December, with my deadlines at work moved up I had even less time to complete my set tasks. The first project that I was leading was an overall success. Many players seemed to love the addition to the game which was brilliant. A few bugs did pop up but with the time that I had to test the project and the amount of game that it encompassed, I think that I didn't do too badly. All a learning experience or so they say.
Because of the extra time that I spent preparing for my project and the rest of my tasks, I sadly neglected this UDK level. I want to complete this level to make it the first in a long line of outstanding game design pieces, but it looks like I may need to go back to redesigning the level again in order to move forward.
The rest of the and next year should be very interesting for me.