Sunday 21 February 2010

Progress with Project TF

Well it's been a while since I posted anything about the progress about this project so to quickly sum up:

  • A working title has been decided for this game

  • We've lost the concept artist pegged for this project to another one of their personal projects :(  So that means I'm doing a lot more of the work.  Good because I'll have a lot of stuff to put in my portfolio, but bad because I'm no where near at a great standard at the moment so I guess I'll churn out lots of sub standard work before I get to the gold.  Also with all this extra work the project length will undoubtably increase.

  • Fully dedicated to using Game Maker as the prototype tool for this project and who knows maybe the full dev tool.  With the release of GM 8.0 I acquired a free upgrade to this new iteration so I will be able to use all of the new features that hopefully this project will benefit from.

  • Set up a wiki to manage the documenting of this project.  As I normally do this in Word docs I thought I'd give this method a try. I have already found this extremely useful as I can access the up to date docs online from home and work.  I am also using this as the project site so that any prospective team members will be able to follow the progress of the project and judge whether they would like to be a part of it (this link will be disclosed in the future as the project prototype begins to take shape).  The only downside to using the wiki that I chose was that I found out that Google do their own one and it looks much better :(  But I'm still happy with WikiSpaces as it seems that it can integrate most items like spreadsheets and Google's calendar into a page as well as Google's Wiki alternative.


So, right now I'm ironing out the details for the prototype like the mechanics of the game and systems with the other members of this project so that I can start as soon as possible on this prototype.  I hope to begin this the week beginning the 9th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment